Working with a professional to help you to make sense of your finances can be a wise move, but for this relationship to work effectively it is important that you understand what to expect from your financial advisor.
What can your financial advisor help you with?
- Defining your financial goals and creating a step by step plan or strategy to achieve them.
- Planning for the future, including for retirement, future education or housing needs.
- Choosing the mix of investments and assets that suit your goals, lifestyle, time horizon and appetite for risk.
- Building a solid estate for your family to inherit in the future.
- Choosing the most tax-efficient methods of saving and investing.
What should your financial advisor inform you of?
- The range of services that they offer and how much and by which method you will compensate them.
- Your mutual responsibilities and obligations towards each other.
- What the planning process will look like and the documents that they will provide you with.
What will your financial advisor need from you or need to ask you about?
- What your financial goals are.
- What your personal circumstances – such as your marital status, any dependents, your job, earnings and tax situation.
- Any investments or assets that you currently have – such as registered accounts, workplace pensions, property etc.
- Your appetite for risk and investment preferences.
- Information on your income and also your outgoings, including debts such as mortgages, loans or credit cards.
- Whether or not you have a will, and its contents.
- Your estate and inheritance planning situation.
If you’re looking to achieve your financial goals, talk to us. We can help.
- Insurance Planning for Incorporated ProfessionalsDecember 1, 2022 - 4:18 pm
- When and Why You Should Conduct an Insurance AuditNovember 1, 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Retirement Planning for Business Owners – ChecklistOctober 5, 2022 - 6:01 pm
- Don’t lose all your hard-earned money to taxesSeptember 1, 2022 - 2:29 pm
- Five Ways To Withdraw Money From Your Business In A Tax-Efficient MannerAugust 1, 2022 - 2:43 pm
We specialize in providing consulting for Employee benefits including group investment products and Executive benefits and make it understandable for our clients. Service is the cornerstone of our firm. We serve a broad array of clientele; from small businesses to large corporations. As every client is unique we take pride in understanding our clients’ needs and helping them achieve their goals. Being true independent brokers, we only work for our clients and not for any one insurance company. Service matched with solid processes and integrity are the cornerstones of our company. We look forward to working with you now and in the future.